Sunday, March 16, 2008

Craft'n for Cancer

Our All For One team decided that for one of our fundraisers we would make and sell a few different items so this weekend we had our first craft'n day!

My sister Tamsen came over for the weekend (yes, leaving her family behind), which started off with the three sisters visiting and watching a 'chick flick'!! I think the last time Tamsen, Tricia and I hung out was when Tamsen came to help our family out during my 2nd chemotherapy treatment, let me just say this was a much more enjoyable visit!

A late Friday night and then up fairly early Saturday to start on our projects.....Tamsen and Tricia started working on the breast cancer hats while I started cutting fabric. Once Trish was done helping Tamsen out she left Tamsen to finish blinging while Trish and I continued on cutting, which lasted the whole rest of the day!

During all this fun our brother Mike and his family showed up. The cousins played while the girls all worked on projects.




Hats with the breast cancer symbol were made





Soothers with the breast cancer symbol, a dragonfly, ladybug and strips were made (more designs coming)










And bags were cut out and are ready to be sewn (this is a sample, lots of different designs to choose from)












All in all it was a very productive day and LOADS of FUN!!!

No comments: