Monday, April 27, 2009

Gardening News

It's been three weeks since we planted our seeds and look how well everything is coming up! To the left are the herbs (cilantro, parsley, lemon basil and basil) and to the left are some of our tomato plants.

I just planted beans and peas a couple days ago (indoors to get them started AND it gives the kids an opportunity to help care for our growing plants). We're still getting frost so I'm a little leery about planting outdoors yet even though I've been told both the beans and peas are hardy.

The strawberry plant and chives are from last year and they've come back BEAUTIFULLY! I can see the chives are going to have lots of flowers and going by the flowers on the strawberry plant we'll have more strawberries then we did last year!!

When Les was on holidays we brought in a truck load of dirt (actually I think it was more cow manure then dirt) so the plants have a home waiting for them! I'm reminded over and over again DO NOT plant before the May long weekend so I'm listening.....it's hard when its so beautiful out I just want to get my little tomato plants snug into their home BUT these are seasoned gardeners who know what they're talking about so I'm trying to listen to their wisdom!

1 comment:

Tamsen said...

Looks like you got Grandpa's green thumb. LUCKY!!