Monday, May 3, 2010

Good-bye April. HELLO May.

This years spring break (a month off school) was such a relaxing, busy, emotional, fun, uplifting month.......spent time with great friends, went on a road trip, had the Vancouver Temple open house, saw people we haven't seen in years, had family visit, did some day trips, went to a cultural event put on by the youth in the Vancouver Temple District and participated in the dedication of the Vancouver Temple. I just haven't wanted it to end but as the saying goes 'all good things must come to an end'.
Yesterday in particular was such an uplifting, emotional, exciting day. To be with my family during the first dedicatory service and watch the cornerstone ceremony. Cool. I hope my children will someday understand just how cool that was. Later in the day my sister Trish and I participated in another dedicatory service. What uplifting messages and music from each session! Makes me wish I hadn't missed the 12 o'clock dedicatory service. WE NOW HAVE AN OPERATING TEMPLE IN OUR AREA!!!
After a nice spring break and spiritual uplift I now find ourselves getting back into a routine where the 'have to's' can no longer be put off. It feels like the responsibilities and obligations are already piling up but I guess that's the realities of life but I sure do have some great memories to cherish!!

No comments: