Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Destructive Self Talk

Never would I expect ANYONE to tell a cancer patient/survivor to 'get over it' and yet for the last 4 months that's exactly what I've been telling myself.  So convinced that that's what people are saying when they hear the news that I seem to have taught that self talk to myself.  It's destroying me.

Having life turned upside down with the news of being diagnosed with a second cancer still has me grasping for breath at times.  Having emotions opposite of what I think I should have (possibly control issues over my own emotions) has been a huge learning curve and I'm finally getting that its okay to not be instantly fixed.  Am I making any sense?!

I had my first official  gynaecologist cancer check up.  So we know my schedule and yes, another 5 years ahead of me being checked for signs that cancer isn't back.  Regime will be every 3 months for 2 years then every 6 months for 3 years then I'm clear.  I'll also have a base ultra sound done in a couple weeks and then again in a years time.  What fun!!

I keep telling Les that for a person with the least amount of body parts I certainly get checked out the most!!!  Truly, I'm glad that I have doctors that take such good care of me.

No comments: