Thursday, August 21, 2008

Not Everything in Alberta is Extinct

Our next adventures landed us in Calgary. We stayed in the neighbourhood that I grew up in with some family friends. I still can't believe how much my neighbourhood has changed but hasn't changed, it's still the quiet, well maintained neighbourhood it has always been just with HUGE trees WOW how they've grown. I was able to show Les and the kids the home I grew up in (although they've added to it, changed the color and added a whole lot of vegetation in the front yard), the school I went to, the parks I played in, etc. Kind of fun to take a walk down memory lane with them. Anyway, children only take so much reminiscing before its time to move on and that's just what we did! Our first day trip was to the Calgary Zoo.

Eli's absolute favourite animals. The sloth and tiger!


Above Eli and I hanging out with the elephant. Adrianna didn't want to have her picture taken with us nor did she have any absolute favourite animals BUT we all fell in love with the tiny little monkey pictured below (unfortunately we can't remember what kind of monkey it is).

There was definitely some noticeable changes from the last time I went to the zoo, which was probably about 15 years ago but the one thing that hasn't changed is the spider monkeys demeanor (NOT pictured above). If you've witnessed them yourself you know EXACTLY what I mean!!

No comments: