I had my eyes and teeth checked a couple months ago (mine get done while the kids are in school, I'm sure you can figure out why). However, I did have a small mishap with my porcelain tooth that had me in the dentist chair the same time the kids had their teeth cleaned. Needless to say I can smile again without feeling very very self conscious (phew)! So the only new change for me was a new hairdo....really nothing major I just learned a couple new styles to use when I straighten it (now to actually do it daily...mmmmmm...I really do plan to try). I LOVE my sister and her talent with my hair!
Miss Adrianna was given the thumbs up at the dentist and maybe 1/2 a thumb up at the optometrist. In other words her eyes are good but could be a bit better so we'll be back in a few months to get them checked again. Last but not least was hair and it took me by surprise when she announced that she wanted to go short, if that's what makes her happy then why not (I've never been one of those moms that refuses to allow their daughter to cut their hair - hello its only hair). There is a funny story to all this though. A few months back Adrianna went for a new style, which was to have straight bangs but to do this it meant that the flat iron would have to come out each day to straighten and curl her bangs. After a couple showers I noticed her bangs weren't curling and thought maybe she wasn't washing them very good BUT she was doing an excellent job they just weren't curling. It seems that her bangs are now permanently straight. How strange is THAT?!!
Mister Eli too was given the thumbs up at the dentist but wasn't quite so successful at the optometrists. Seems he's a bit far sighted but hopefully with glasses for the next couple years it will correct itself. It was evident he was pretty excited because he had me phone the optometrist to check to see if his glasses were ready, apparently he just really really wanted them but nope he had to wait one more sleep. When we did finally go in to get them I think he had 1/2 the office in stitches because he was so genuinely excited, I have to admit it was pretty cute we'll see how long the excitement of glasses lasts for! As for a haircut he hasn't gotten tired of his faux mohawk so he's all trimmed up for that again.
So we're all ready for the new school year now!! Don't worry we haven't forgotten about Les, he's just not so excited about getting all geared up for September. Very soon he'll be getting his hair cut, getting his teeth cleaned and last but far from least getting his eyes checked to see if he has to yet again get new glasses.
No comments:
Post a Comment