Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Start Of A New School Year

I love watching and listening to parents as they mill around the school trying so intently to find out who the lucky teacher is that gets their darling child, who their classmates will be and ultimately WILL they be happy with their child's predicament for the school year? I have to admit at times I can and have been one of those parents but I'm certainly not a seasoned parent on getting all the right answers. Most of all to me its fun and very interesting to watch!

I still can't believe I have a daughter in grade 4 - an intermediate! No longer in a primary grade unlike her brother who even more unbelievably is in grade 2. Now that the kids have officially been placed into their new classes I can report that all seems to be well.

Adrianna has Mr. Macgregor for her teacher and I'm very excited for her, not because of the teacher because I really don't know him but because grade 4 was when I had my first male teacher - Mr. Moulton. He was fabulous! I hope she has a great time in his class this year.

Eli has Mrs. Stewart for his teacher. He seems well adjusted to the fact that some of his buddies are in different classes something he's handled much better then last year. He's still not with his 'girlfriend' or the 'one he's going to marry' - Emily but he'll still be able to see her at recess and lunch and he's okay with that.

What's just as exciting as new teachers (to me) is that their classrooms are right by each other again AND Eli's class still has morning reading so I can still participate in the mornings, something I knew very few grade 2 teachers do and in all honesty something I'm not quite ready to give up. So......on the eve of the 2nd day of school I can say I'm happy with how the new school year is turning out!

No comments: