Today I was able to have 10 minute visits with each of the kids teachers and just had to share the following a story Mrs. Stewart told (Eli's teacher).
The other day the class was working on their printing and with book in hand Eli went up to her and their conversation went something like this:
Eli: I've decided I'm not doing any more printing.
Mrs. Stewart: You have to finish your printing.
Eli: No. I've decided I'm done so I'm not doing anymore.
Mrs. Stewart: You don't have a choice. In grade 2 you have to do your work and right now all your printing has to be done (or something like that).
Eli with his head down headed back to his desk to finish the task. She said she actually felt bad for making him do it but at the same time she can't just pick up and go home when she wants to and he needs to learn that sometimes we don't want to do things we have to do. I totally understand but man he cracks me up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment