I thought I'd try out her recipe (slightly different from mine). My recipe is very finicky with things like elevation, etc. (play a big factor in how they will turn out) BUT Tamsen claims hers are no fail so this is how popovers became the after school snack today I had to try it out!
No words can describe how excited my kids were to see popovers cooking in the oven when they got home from school! Of course while the popovers were cooking I went into the fridge for something and realized that leftover night is scheduled for supper and of course its pork roast and mashed potatoes....so why didn't I wait for supper to try these out?! Gee....sometimes I really wonder where my brain is.
My critique of this recipe. Not bad. They did rise a bit more then mine usually do but I found them way to eggy (is that a word?) tasting. My recipe doesn't have near the eggs AND my popovers can rise just as high its just not a guarantee every time. So I think I'll stick with what I've got but try a few different things (yep, I'm actually going to mess around with a recipe - something unheard of). I just might keep you posted on the progress but probably not :)
No comments:
Post a Comment