Saturday, March 7, 2009
NO To Harry Potter?
While walking to school the other morning out of no where a conversation started.....
Eli: Harry Potter is not of God.
Mom: Pardon?
Eli: Harry Potter is not of God, its about the dark side.
I'm trying to figure out where this has come from considering a few nights prior we watched the first Harry Potter movie as a family (again).
Mom: Who were you having this conversation with?
Eli: My favourite lunch monitor. She told me that Harry Potter isn't of God but has darkness, which doesn't make God happy.
I'm thinking to myself WHAT?????? I do have to say it opened up a great conversation about family, religion, choice, etc. but I thought it ended there until this afternoon. It's Friday, which usually means movie night if nothing else is going on so it was brought up that maybe we should watch the next Harry Potter movie when Eli states, "Harry Potter isn't of God." Other things ended up happening that night so it never happened but I wonder if he would have watched it?
Maybe it's time to mention this incident to the school. Religion can't be taught in our schools but a lunch hour supervisor can express her religious views on impressionable school kids....there seems to be something wrong with this picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment