Last night my friend Anne and I headed down to Bellingham to pick up our friend Robin from the airport. All was going well until I started talking to the border guard......he asked the usually questions:
Where are you from? Maple Ridge.
Where are you going? Bellingham Airport.
Why? To pick up a friend from the airport.
What's your friends name? I don't know????????
Well, he didn't find this very humorous, the look on Anne's face was priceless and I was back pedalling...what was the question again?
Must not be much of a friend if you don't know their name? Yes, I know her name!
So what's your friends name? Robin.
Where is she coming from? California.
Where in California? Orange County.
So what's your friends name? Robin (hello, I already told you that).
We were finally able to enter the USA but not without a little bit of sweating. I wouldn't recommend not paying attention to what is being asked....there is just no humour at all!
PS: There was no incident on the way home 1) we went to a different border crossing; 2) I was well rehearsed (I have such good friends); and 3) we were entering Canada......the border guards are so much more relaxed and pleasant!
No comments:
Post a Comment