Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May Brings Big Changes

We're not even half way through the month and already it's been very busy with lots of change. In somewhat of an order here it goes:
  1. I had surgery on the 29th of April but not just any surgery this was THE surgery! Yes, reconstruction is complete the implants were inserted and nipples created (eventually I'll get the areola tattooed (I know way too much info but you got it anyway)). I've had one follow up appointment and everything looks well and is healing well. I'll have another follow up in a couple weeks. Almost exactly two years from mastectomy to reconstruction. What a journey it has been and how grateful I am! Of course we can't forget to mention how grateful we are to Martie (MIL), as always she drops everything to come and take such good care of us all. Thank you.
  2. Eli can tie his shoes!! While grandma was taking such good care of us we asked her to teach Eli how to tie his shoes because everything we tried wasn't working. It took grandma a whole 3 minutes to teach him. I swear she has some sort of magic touch because it worked with Adrianna too (back in grade 1). Again, thank you :)
  3. The kids started their 3rd term of school. We had so much fun together in April it's been hard to get back into a routine and send them off to school.
  4. Adrianna turned 10! It really is true when they say time goes fast. I'm trying to soak it all in but feel like I'm not getting it all.
  5. The BIGGEST change in our family is the fact that in a couple days Les works his last day at Cooper's Foods. He starts back up with Save-On Foods next week located in North Vancouver. Yes, he has to go from no commute to commuting but the long term outcomes are way too great to pass it up. It's been fun to watch his excitement he's going to the busiest store in the chain and will go from a couple employees to just over 20 employees. I know he's up to the challenge and will do a fantastic job!

Well....I think that's it in a nutshell!

No comments: