Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Unexpected Kindness - The Best Kind!

A thoughtful heart brought me the above

Let me explain. There is a lady that visits me fairly regularly who is Jehovah Witness, her partners often change but she is always consistent (the visits started when I was going through chemo). She knows my religious views and never says anything that would offend but comes to see how I am and to share an uplifting message. I'm sure most close the door before she can even utter a full sentence but her kindness and soft nature keeps my door open.

While I was in the hospital she stopped by only to find out I was having surgery. She showed up this morning with her usual reading material, a bag of chocolate and a heartfelt message that she was thinking of me and hoping recovery is going well! Sometimes you just never know where the caring hand you need is going to come from.

No comments: