Four days ago I went in for another surgery. Reconstructive surgery. We thought I was done but I had a falling implant that needed to be raised so in again (hopefully for the last time).
Eli has really struggled with this surgery. Its meant an unwell mom over his birthday, which meant his birthday plans wouldn't go as he had hoped. It meant dealing with cancer again or at least in his mind it is because the surgery wouldn't be needed if it wasn't for the cancer I got 3 years ago. It really sucks to have to see a child deal with adult issues. Maybe it wouldn't have been a big deal for him had it gone as originally planned? Originally I was suppose to have surgery March 10th but unexpectedly it was bumped up 3 weeks, which not only landed two days before my son's 9th birthday but also right in the midst of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Something tells me he still would have been affected because it's Eli, it's who he is. His emotions are at the surface and I'm glad that we teach him to express those emotions no matter how sad they sometimes make me.
I'm struggling too. Kind of bummed that I'm too tired (exhausted is more like it) and sore to head downtown to check out all the festivities of the Olympics. Mind you on another note shocked that Adrianna is telling us it's a waste of money to go downtown and that we can just watch everything on the internet (she's truly her fathers daughter!).
Of course who makes everything all better? Two fantastic children and an incredibly amazing husband who has the most kind hearted parents. Because of the change in surgery date it landed right in the middle of Les's holidays. As always he's my hero cooking, cleaning, listening, supporting and the list goes on. I truly have the best husband EVER!! With out hesitation again my in-laws have stepped up to the plate and spent a couple days with us (they're home now). One to help out in whatever way needed and two to help Eli have a fantastic birthday. THANK YOU as always your generosity and love overwhelm me.
I'm not recovering as fast as I normally do but everything is healing well. Soon it'll be over and life will be back to the everyday grind so for now I've got my feet up and I'm thoroughly enjoying the Olympics (on the internet). GO CANADA GO!!
No comments:
Post a Comment