Monday, December 12, 2011
1460 Days = 4 Years Cancer Free?
I have to admit this has been a tough one this year. Maybe seems trivial to some but for me I question whether I can still celebrate a 4th year of breast cancer freedom even though I've just been diagnosed with another cancer.
My breast cancer check ups are every six months for 5 years because they consider recurrence more likely to appear within the first five years of being diagnosed. Endometrial cancer check ups are every 4 months for 3 years (at least to date that's what I've been told this could change). For me these check ups were so close to being completed but looks like I've just been given an extension.
Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for much! There is just a little bit of an underlying sadness I'm not quite able to shake - give me some time and I will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment