I found out the other day that Adrianna stood up to some girls in her class with great dignity and was a shinning example to those around her.
Adrianna and 5 other girls were practicing to perform in the upcoming talent show when suddenly she found herself kicked out of the group. Not sure why and rather upset she was asked to relay what happened to Mrs. O (SEA). Mrs. O listened and without giving any advice asked what Adrianna was going to do about the situation. Adrianna stood tall, looked at the group of girls then turned to Mrs. O and said, "I'm going to hang out with my other friends." Mrs. O was sure to let her know that she handled the situation better then any adult and that she was so proud of her dignity and how she didn't let this unkind group of girls wreck her spirits. The next day another girl was kicked off the team and Mrs. O had a talk with her about now she knows how she made Adrianna feel the day before and maybe next time she should help a friend instead of following the crowd.
I know that Adrianna generally doesn't worry about what other people think and that she definitely beats to her own drum but once in a while I worry because there are times that she seems so quiet, too laid back and easily bossed around. However, Mrs. O sees a girl that is well taught, has strong standards and does not get pushed around, if there is something that she doesn't like she leaves the situation and doesn't care what the others think.
I hate hearing about situations like this where my child is hurt by the cruelty of others, it makes me want to protect her from the outside world BUT I'm so proud when I find out that she has NO problem standing on her own two feet!!
No comments:
Post a Comment