Saturday, July 19, 2008

Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Let me take you back 14 months ago........it was May 2007 and I was about to go in for major surgery followed soon after with months of treatments......I decided to take my wedding rings off because I wasn't sure how much weight gain and swelling I would endure.

Bring you back to current time July 2008 and unfortunately I am still unable to get my wedding rings back on and trust me I try LOTS. For some reason I really felt that I could get my wedding band on THIS time and I was going to try until it was on. Well.......15 minutes later I did get it on BUT I had a swollen, red finger and a VERY VERY tight ring on! I tried and tried to get it off but of course it just made my finger bigger and redder.

Les and I spent part of our evening last night trying to get the darn thing off! We tried the usual trick of dental floss and soap (we've tried with success in the past) but it didn't work. The Internet is great for many things such as 'how to get a ring off a swollen finger'!! Our next trick was taping my finger really tightly just above the ring to the knuckle, then keeping my hand above my heart for 1/2 an hour, then while my hand was still above my heart icing for another 15 minutes. We then quickly untapped the tape, sprayed my finger with windex and then twisted the ring off......the article said it WOULD work.....it DIDN'T. Needless to say I went to bed with a pounding, swollen, red, sore finger.

I woke up this morning with a pounding, swollen, red, sore finger and I told Les we HAD to get the ring off! So......out came the drummel and the metal cutters. He tried the drummel first (yes, I let him), however, quickly after starting to cut the band my finger become rather HOT! He couldn't understand what the issues was but HELLO there is a metal plate under my ring and now your trying to cut it with a really fast moving metal contraption what do you think is going to happen? Yes, its burning!!!!! Of course, he didn't 100% believe that he was burning me so he had to try again (and yes I let him) well it didn't take long and again my finger was burning. So needless to say the metal cutters quickly snipped my band.

So I now have a swollen, red, scrapped up, blistered finger and this is what my wedding band now looks like.......


...........................guess I'll be heading to a jewelers sometime in the future to get it fixed BUT on the bright side at least I ONLY forced the band on and not my engagement ring too!!!!!

1 comment:

The Kenyon Family said...

too funny jen - i am so glad you blogged it:)