Sunday, October 26, 2008

Welcoming Two New Pets

Innocently I asked the kids if they'd like to check out the pet store after I was done picking up some items at Michael's (maybe not so innocently - really my thank you for being so patient in a craft store!). REALLY I never knew it bring the outcome that it did!!

I LOVE going into a pet store with Eli (he wants to be a veterinarian). It's so fun to watch him with the animals he is so tender and loving to them! As always as soon as he sees the chinchillas he looks at me with those big brown eyes almost pleading to let him have one as a pet. He knows the answer but MUST try to persuade me EVERY time. Then he moves onto the guinea pigs, mice, gerbils, cats, dogs and fish. I'm sure you've figured it out - pretty much every living animal in the store!

Particularly he decided that he MUST have a pet TODAY. Just a few of our conversations:

1. Eli you don't have enough money to buy a fish tank and if we get one you'd have to use all your money and then owe dad and I. Answer: uuhhh you can't have ALL my money because that means you'd be richer than me!

2. We need talk to dad about this too. Answer: Okay, lets go home NOW.

Now dad is home and a part of the conversation too:

3. Why don't you wait until Christmas or your birthday? Answer: I REALLY want a pet NOW, I can't wait (he's so dramatic).

4. With the money you have you can buy the fish and we'll loan you the money for the fish tank. This means that you'll have to pay us back as you earn money. Answer: Okay. So can we go now?!

Needless to say we were off to the pet store 7:00 at night to get Eli a fish and fish tank. Don't worry Adrianna was involved too (just in case you were wondering). For her 8th birthday she asked for and got a fish and fish tank but her fish died a year later and she didn't want to get a new one but NOW with all the excitement of fish and new PETS she decided it was time to buy herself a new fish. BUT you know what the funniest thing was? He wouldn't carry the fish (in a cup)that is until it was placed in a bag! His words 'it freaks me out'. What a guy!!

So here they are! Top picture is of Eli's new fish tank (as you can see we're not talking a HUGE loan by any means) with his new PET fish named Optimus Prime. Below picture is of Adrianna's old fish tank with her new PET fish not yet named!

So I wonder if we should charge him interest?!!!

No comments: