I have THE sweetest SON in THE world!!
Last night I was at a PAC meeting and a mom came up to me with a story to tell. On Friday the school had an assembly about Remembrance Day. The grades 1's and 2's were performing and were asked to dress nicely, her daughter nervously and very self conscious (she's a bit of a tom boy) came to school that day in a very nice dress.
After the assembly her class and Eli's class were assigned to put all the chairs away. Eli walked up to her and said, "___ you look very pretty in your dress." and walked away. Her mom was close by (Les & I had gone home by this time) and thought she heard him correctly but wasn't sure so she asked her daughter who was bright red but wouldn't repeat what he said so she turned to Eli and asked what he said and he replied, "___ is very pretty today!" Well she could have given him a million kisses she told me. A little later she and her daughter were in the washroom and her daughter looked at herself in the mirror and stood tall and said "I AM pretty!!"
She continued to tell me that Eli's compliment couldn't have come at any better of a time nor has she ever seen her daughter turn red like that!!
YES, I DO have the SWEETEST boy!!!
2 comments:
Yep that's pretty sweet. I'm glad that little girl had Eli there to boost her self esteem. Every girl needs that no matter how old they are. Way to go Eli!
I know! I told Eli today how kind that was and how good it made the little girl feel. His comment was, "mom she really was beautiful in that black and silver dress, I was serious!" I could feel tears swelling with pride.....what girl isn't going to love him!!
Post a Comment