Sunday, December 14, 2008

Remembering The Meaning of Christmas


November was such a crazy busy month for me and at one point I really felt like I didn't know whether I was coming or going. Now it's December. The kids are out of school and we're unscheduled relaxing, visiting, playing, working, baking, etc. but most of all we're ENJOYING!!

Today the kids and I attend our Ward Christmas Brunch and the Primary children (pictured above) put on the nativity for the adults (Adrianna & Eli are to the left). It reminds us all of why we have Christmas and who we celebrate and why. It's also such an easy time of the year to serve one another and for me to teach my children that it's not all about me, me, me but also about those around us.

I love this time of year. I love that I have been taught about the Savior and what He did for us. I love that I now teach this to my children. I love that I try to serve others - family, friends and strangers a like. I love that my children are beginning to recognize how they can serve others too.

No comments: