Eli hard at work chopping lettuce for the ceasar salad.
This week Adrianna decided on chicken. Not just chicken breast like what she's use to but a whole chicken. She managed to cut the bag open to reveal the chicken but when it came to actually picking it up and putting it into the roaster....well lets just say she wasn't thrilled! I tried and tried to convince her, I even tried to help by standing behind her and with her hands and mine picking it up but she went as stiff as a board and then the tears started (okay, perhaps I became a little sterner when she wouldn't do it until I realized that my parenting skills were sucking wind so I relaxed, explained to her that in time it won't bother her quite as much but until then I'll do the honours) then I put the chicken in the roaster myself. I don't think a whole chicken will be her menu pick for a while!
Adrianna seasoning the chicken and boy was it good!
I didn't understand just how much they pick up watching me comb over grocery fliers, pick out menus and then write out shopping lists until this past week. I asked both kids what they were planning to make for the week when in unison they stated, "what's on sale this week?" WOW, I'm impressed!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment