Surgery was late Tuesday, November 8th evening and recovery is coming along. I struggled waking up or at least it sure felt like a really long time for the 'fog' to finally be lifted. Bright and early the morning of the 9th my gynecologist was kind enough to make a quick visit to inform me that surgery had gone well, they might have to give me more blood but needed to check what my levels are at, they took everything they said they would, ovaries looked good so as planned they were able to stay but within the same breath he also proceeded to tell me that he was very alarmed to have found a polyp in my uterus and that it's already been sent away for testing. Then left and I bawled.
That morning I realized I think for the first time that I have a real fear of cancer coming back. Had he spoken to me when I was mentally stable (keep in mind surgery had only happened 10 hours ago and I was still in a state of 'heavy fog') it wouldn't have been so dramatic. We already knew I had at least one fibroid and in all the reading I had done about that polyps had been mentioned too. Many women deal with polyps and the cancer rate in a polyp found in the uterus is really low but there is still that chance..... I sitll have another week before I find out the results.
Now a week later and the healing is slow but progressing. The staples were removed yesterday. I never did need another blood transfusion, however, my levels did drop to just below 100 from surgery and so I've been prescribed iron pills for the next couple months to get my levels back up to where they should be. Downfall is that the pills make me extremely nasueas and I've rediscovered I don't do nasuea well at all! We've since switched to a liquid formula which seems to be much easier on my stomach but the nasuea still lingers a bit.
6 to 8 week recovery time please go fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment