Sunday, November 6, 2011

Question of the Day

This morning Eli quietly asked me, "Can surgery be passed on?"

It's hard to comprehend why your mother is going in for surgery when it doesn't look like there is anything wrong with her.  Yes, he knows it has nothing to do with cancer - that was established right away but how do you explain women issues to a 10 year old boy without freaking him out?!  The excitement of finding out Grandma Haddad will be helping us out for the next couple weeks quickly made him think of nothing but pure joy!! 

As exciting as that is he's still a boy that exudes caring, thoughtfulness and sensitivity.  I guess over the last couple of days it was still being processed in the back of his head until this morning when he felt he could ask what he was thinking.  We discussed his question and then he proceeded to offer to do everything for me while I recover.  Eli melts my heart.

So the big question you might have - surgery?!??  This is all very sudden as in booked this past Thursday sudden.  Due to women issues (I don't want to freak you out with details either) I'm needing to go in for a total hysterectomy (removal of uterus and cervix) and salpingectomy (removal of fallopian tubes) tomorrow afternoon.  Not really looking forward to the 3 to 4 day hospital visit or the 6 to 8 week recovery process but its what's needed to be done.  For the past few days I continually remind myself in the end it'll make me feel WAY better than how I currently feel and compared to some of the health issues I've had to endure over the last 4 years this will be no problem!

No comments: