This years garden variety is consisting of peas, tomatoes, kale, purple basil, green basil, mint, pineapple mint and chives. As I was typing that out it began looking like a rather odd mix. However, they all have their purpose!
Peas are being eaten right off the vine so they never make it beyond that point but SO yummy. Really, the only way I actually like eating peas. The tomatoes are flowering and little green tomatoes have started growing. As for the kale and basil......well the pictures below show how well they are producing! Kale always appears in our smoothies so this won't last too long. My mouth waters taking in the aroma of the basil - I love that sweet smell! This year purple basil is a new variety for me to grow but it smells and tastes just like the green. Can't wait to make some home made pesto sauce!! The mint and chives aren't to be forgotten either. Mint is great for cooking with and for drinks although I think I spend more time just smelling it in the garden. Love walking by and getting that faint smell of mint. Mmmmmm.
 |
| kale |
 |
| purple and green basil |
No comments:
Post a Comment