Adrianna was heading home after playing with the neighbour kids when I noticed that she was rubbing her eyes and having a hard time opening them I thought maybe she got some dirt in them but by the time she got to the front door she couldn't even open her eyes, her face was going red and her breathing was a bit laboured.
She put a wet cloth on her face because she was complaining that her face was hot and burning. To touch it was fine but it was getting REDDER from just above her eyebrows down to her upper lip and from ear to ear. I had her take some benadryl and after a short time the eyes started to stop hurting, she could finally open them, her breathing was no longer laboured but her face was still very very RED and she needed to keep the wet cloth on so it didn't burn so bad plus her upper lip was a bit swollen.
I phoned the nurses line just for ease of mind. Sounded like it was an allergic reaction and that all would be well but the nurse felt she should still get checked out so off we went to one of the walk-in clinics. Thankfully we got in fairly quickly to see the doc and he agreed it was an allergic reaction but it's hard to diagnose when you haven't got a clue what caused it! I was told to keep giving the benadryl for 24 hours and she was also prescribed some cream.
Still have no idea what caused it?! My poor neighbours probably thought I was a little odd.....I was asking if by chance any chemicals had been sprayed lately, basically I knew the answer was no between all the rain and the fact that all the kids play in the area all the time it didn't really make sense but the doc was asking so I had to ask too.
We're figuring she might have got bit by an insect but still have no idea? Unfortunately it's one of those things where maybe we'll find out the next time it happens or maybe it'll never happen again. I'm hoping it'll never happen again!
No comments:
Post a Comment