Sunday, December 9, 2007

Radiation Burn

I only have 2 more radiation appointments and at this exact moment I'm having a very hard time feeling excited about this great news. Why you might wonder? After 26 shots of radiation I'm saying ouch, ouch, ouch to radiation burn.

Over the weekend it became very painful and I'm sure I spent 1/2 my day in the tub doing saline soaks, the other 1/2 laying on my bed covered in creams airing it and became a pill popper to numb the pain.




Consider this a before shot just of the opposite side because I forgot to take a before shot. Basically what my skin colour normally is!




Les best explains it like this......some of the area is like a really bad sunburn and the rest of the area is like a bad burn you'd get from burning yourself on the stove.






After 26 radiation treatments with 2 more to go.


So this is radiation. A walk in the park still? Not really.

You might have figured out that it's a real 'pity party' moment. Putting all these feelings aside my Radiation Oncologist did tell me that I'm probably experiencing the worst of it and that by the end of the week I'll be well on the way to recovery. So week PLEASE go by fast!

1 comment:

Anne said...

You are a trooper!!! Pity parties require Ice cream!! Chocolate ice cream, with whip cream, and caramel & Chocolate sauce, and crushed nuts... see what the last post has done??!!!!