Friday, April 4, 2008

Have I Told You How Much Fun it is Being an Aunt?

For the past 4 days we have had my niece Kaya and nephew Keidis over and its been lots of fun. It has reminded me of how quickly children go from one stage of childhood to another and that as a mother how quickly those different stages are forgotten.

Also, I have an even greater appreciate to all the women out there that have school aged, preschoolers, toddlers and newborns all at one time in their homes. YOU ARE SAINTS.

Of course I never took any pictures but here is a list of some of the fun things that happened over the last 4 days.....
  • the cousins all got to walk to school together and even helped with reading and the teacher in Eli's class. Something very very exciting to an almost kindergartner!
  • Kaya and Keidis become fast friends with the neighbourhood kids, even got in a few play dates!
  • nothing can be more exciting than sitting behind a big cousin on a skateboard going down the hill wahoooooo or independently maneuvering a three wheeled scooter down the same hill!
  • played play dough, colored, colored, drew and colored some more!
  • played catch, ran around after bubbles and many more outdoor activities!
  • Auntie Jen relearned how much fun it is to change a 2 year olds dirty diaper AND how much fun it is to continually buckle/unbuckle car seats when running around doing errands!
  • can't forgot about dinosaurs, rescue heroes or train sets!!!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hey That sounds like my life!! whoot whoot!! You make it sound so much more fun!! I hear you on that errand thing. I have 2 trains of thought when I have to run an errand 1) do i REALLY need to leave the house, and 2) I am here I might as well get EVERYTHING i need, which always ends up costign Dale TONS of $$$ oh well, apperently it's not the kids that are expensive, it's all the shopping while I am out!!

The Kenyon Family said...

you are my SAINT auntie jen!