There is a Chinese restaurant in town that has become our favourite. With great anticipation of a great meal we were disappointed when we arrived at the door to find 'we're closed for renovations'. There is another Chinese restaurant in town that has come highly recommended so we went. We were not disappointed. A little different from what we're use to but again not disappointed.

At the end of our meal our waitress came back with a plate of longduck or so that's what we thought she was saying until I looked it up at home and found out she was saying longan. A fruit native to China.
A different texture, tastes like melon but even sweeter and looks like an eyeball (would be great for Halloween). What was great though was how well it follows a Chinese meal, the two just go hand in hand.
So next time you go out for Chinese food ask for longan but I wouldn't suggest asking for longduck because who knows what you might end up with!
2 comments:
Looks almost the same as lychee. If it tastes like lychee, YUM!
I think they're from the same family. I've never had a lychee to compare flavours.
Post a Comment