I have the most caring, gentle and thoughtful son! My son put tears in my eyes and melted my heart tonight.
He came to the young women's activity tonight so that he could play at the park while we had our bbq. Near the end of it he quietly came up to me and informed me that there was a homeless man in the park and wanted to know whether he could give him a piece of cake. Yes, was the reply. Just as quietly as asking he took a piece of cake to the gentleman. Eli came back happy along with information like his name is Mark and he has three children but he still wanted to do more for him. I noticed that Mark was digging for bottles out of the garbage and I knew we had a whole pile of empty juice boxes. I suggested to Eli that he ask Mark if he'd like them. Next thing I see is Eli holding the bag open while Mark added our empty containers to his.
I'm supposed to be the teacher but I often feel like I'm the pupil.
2 comments:
That's awesome! What a great example.
Yeah. He's lucky he's only 10 - I think he melted a few hearts that night!
Post a Comment