Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The analogy of a six year old

There are times I'd really like to be in the brain of a six year old or at least my six year old!!

This morning we were walking Adrianna to school and one of the yards we passed had the edges of its yard dug up so there was a line of dirt on the sidewalk. Eli asked me why the yard was dug up and it was obvious that they were getting ready to put an underground sprinkler system in so I explained that to him. His response back was, "so they dug the hole up then they'll put the thingy in and and bury it like a dead person". My 34 year old brain never would have thought of that!

It gets even better. Eli has a classmate over right now and on our way home from school I explained that it's very important that once we get in the house and take our shoes off we have to wash our hands. While in the bathroom lined up to wash our hands Eli's friend Emily questioned me as to why and I explained that we need to make sure we get all the germs off our hands and her response was, "so we have to get all the dirt from the monkey bars off our hands or like if someone put snot on it or something and it got on us". Yeah sure!!

Oh to be a six year old!!

No comments: