During one of my roughest days after my first chemo treatment I got a phone call from Tamsen. I say it was the worst time for her to call but she says it was the best time that she could have called, I am grateful she called and helped me through it.
About a week after that she called to say she was coming out for my next treatment. She sacrificed - she left her husband for 10 days, she travelled alone with two small children (Aiden 2 1/2 and Abby 12 weeks), she gave up her son for a whole week having only ever been parted from him for 2 days for what? She cooked, she cleaned, she grocery shopped, she took kids to school, she picked kids up from school, she did laundry, etc.
Unfortunately I don't remember a lot of the first five days but I certainly have a lot of memories of the last five! It's been a very long time since we last hung out and I have to say I forgot what I was missing out on.....we talked about everything food, kids, husbands, life, food, family, schooling, food, dreams, desires, school, food and yes did I mention food?! Not only is she is an amazing cook but ALSO an amazing person!!!!
About a week after that she called to say she was coming out for my next treatment. She sacrificed - she left her husband for 10 days, she travelled alone with two small children (Aiden 2 1/2 and Abby 12 weeks), she gave up her son for a whole week having only ever been parted from him for 2 days for what? She cooked, she cleaned, she grocery shopped, she took kids to school, she picked kids up from school, she did laundry, etc.
Unfortunately I don't remember a lot of the first five days but I certainly have a lot of memories of the last five! It's been a very long time since we last hung out and I have to say I forgot what I was missing out on.....we talked about everything food, kids, husbands, life, food, family, schooling, food, dreams, desires, school, food and yes did I mention food?! Not only is she is an amazing cook but ALSO an amazing person!!!!
Thank you Tamsen for coming and taking such good care of us. Thank you John for giving up your family and living in such a quiet house. Thank you to Randy & Julie Keyes and Doug & Elaine Streibel for making it possible.
I found the following Ode that I felt represented Tamsen better than I could ever put it.
An Ode to Sister
My sister.
More beautiful than
The brilliant colors of
Autumn's leaves
Gracefully floating through soft breeze
On a warm afternoon.
My sister.
As precious as a glistening gemstone
Mounted within the highest karats of gold.
My sister.
A woman of substance
Character
Nobility-
The personification of royalty.
My sister.
The reflection of elegance
Style
Grace
And charm.
My sister.
One whom I love
For the uniqueness-
Harmony and warmth
That only she can bring.
My sister.
As you celebrate each special day,
Just know that I cherish
Every moment that you have been
A part of my life
And I love you for all that you are--
Just you.
My sister.
© Copyright Annie Ruth
No comments:
Post a Comment