Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tears to My Eyes

I have the best children ever! Adrianna is loving but very reserved in expression and emotion very much like me and somewhat like her father. Eli on the other hand is our dramatic, sensitive, expressive and emotional one.

Yesterday I sent them off to school knowing I wouldn't see them again until Monday afternoon while I under went the 2nd chemo treatment. This is where the tears come in.....

Probably a good hour before having to take Eli to school he came up to me with a big hug and said, "I want to give you a big hug because I won't see you and you have to go to the hospital, try and have fun there mom." Okay so I classify that more as funny than tearful! However, it doesn't stop there. He pointed to a couple pictures he had made for me last week and said, "When you need to mom look at my pictures and remember when you see my name E-L-I that I am saying I love you." Now that is why I have tears in my eyes!!!



As I said Adrianna isn't as expressive but is in her own way. As she gets older hers tend to be in writing, she'll all of a sudden hand me a note, smile and walk away. This is what happened a few weeks back. On this last note it simply read 'I hope you get well soon mom, I love you". Again tears in my eyes!!!


I couldn't help but upload these precious keepsakes for all to see just how wonderful of a reminder I have around my house of how much my children care even when I can't physically see or hear them.

No comments: