Probably about 5 days into my first chemo treatment I was in really really rough shape and my sister Nikki brought up The Weekend to End Breast Cancer I didn't know much about it at the time but I certainly do now and I AM PUMPED!
When my sister Tricia told me she was going to shave her head and raise money I was speechless but then I started thinking what am I doing? Yes I'm going through it but how can I bring awareness and be pro active about it (other then walking around chestless and bald)? Well Nikki helped me figure that out and I have the best finale planned to this saga...... watch out 2008! After speaking with my other two sisters Tricia and Tamsen it was clear we're all in! I'm PUMPED, get it yet?!
The reason for this entry? We have been discussing team names and well lets just say that I'm horrible at coming up with slogans. Thankfully my sister Nikki, my adorable niece Kaya and my husband Les have come up with some team names which I've listed below. So why again am I writing this? This is where you come in maybe you can add to our growing list or tell me which is your favourite or not. We're just wanting to have fun with it.........
Kaya's team name: a bunch of boobies
Nikki's team names: breast friends forever (BFF for short), put your breast foot forward, all for one, bust-to-move, finish line or "bust", bustin' out
Les's team names: boobalicious, perky & pink, carcinoma counsins, saline sisters
After getting all excited about the 'perfect' team name it hit me......a team name shouldn't be the worry but that 60 km walk! YIPES! I need to start training and NOW....wait a minute maybe I should get through chemo and radiation before I go hard core?!
The best way to describe my excitment about this new adventure is that I'M PUMPED!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment