Monday, June 9, 2008

French Kissing

A very interesting conversation took place this afternoon!! The four of us were goofing off in the kitchen and for some reason I stuck my tongue out at Les, which was also VERY close to his face. This is what happened.....

Adrianna & Eli laughingly said, "Ewe, gross!" Then in a serious tone Adrianna continued, "Good thing your tongues didn't touch or that would have been french kissing!"

In a panicked voice I responded, "How do you know about french kissing?"

"From Carly & Jaime," Adrianna stated.

A little shocked that my daughter has been discussing this with the neighbour girls I asked, "And how do they know about french kissing?"

Adrianna responded, "Mom, they did go to a French school!!"

I had the hugest smile on my face and only responded by saying, "Oh, Adrianna I LOVE you!"

I absolutely love her sweet innocence but at the same time worry about it. I don't want it to disappear too soon but how can that be controlled without sheltering her from the outside world, which I don't think is right either. I realize that there is school, friends, TV and so much more that she'll learn good and bad from but sometimes I find it overwhelmingly scary that my little girl is growing up and learning about things like french kissing!

No comments: