Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Menopause PLEASEEEEEEEEE

This has been the month from hell. Sorry to be so harsh but it really has. Let me explain.......

I've always suffered from PMS and over the years it has gotten worse (after I had my 2nd child) and eventually I was diagnosed with having PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder). Now the one and only bonus about having chemotherapy is that it put me into a chemical menopause, which means I had absolutely no PMS/PMDD issues for months and it was fantastic.

Unfortunately my bliss was not to stay. Since February I have slowly started cycling again and there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to it and I've been managing but this month has been absolutely horrendous. Really I apologize to any of you that have had to deal with me throughout June because I certainly have not been myself at all, I'm having such a hard time of keeping myself together and really don't think I'm doing a very good job of it at all.

I'm trying to get a hold of my oncologist but she's out of town and so it was off to see my family doctor today. Because of having breast cancer I can't have any form of hormone therapy unless its okayed from my oncologist, which is really a very very last resort and only because I wasn't estrogen positive. Anyway, I left my doctors office still frustrated, with a prescription in my hand and with the instruction to contact my oncologist as soon as she's back.

I know we're never given more than we can handle but right about now I'm feeling like I'm beyond what I can handle!

No comments: