Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Visit With Uncle Kenny....I mean Uncle Ken!

Our plan the last time we got together (way back in January) was to get together once a month. Well......5 months later we finally got together again and really not from a lack of trying. When I say 'we' I mean my Uncle Ken, my family, my sister Tricia and my brother Mike and his family that's a lot of schedules to work around!

After having weeks and weeks of rain and miserable weather it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day. We were able to walk to a local restaurant and by doing so got to check out Uncle Ken's fancy new electric wheelchair (pretty cool). On the way back the kids were able to play at a park for a few minutes before continuing the walk to Uncle Ken's place.



At the restaurant left to right Eli, Mike, Nikki, Keidis, Uncle Ken and Kaya (a little bit of her anyway)





Eli and Adrianna on the rock wall at the park













Kaya on the swing















Keidis on the jungle jim















Eli holding his cousin Ophelia












One thing I'm learning is that sometimes it really is hard to change a habit..............My Uncle really doesn't like being called Uncle Kenny, I liken it to people calling me Jenny - YUCK but its what I've called him my whole life. I'm striving to change my old ways and call him by what he likes to be called - Uncle Ken. However, without realizing it the old habit has been picked up by the next generation OOPS I better get on that!

2 comments:

Anne said...

hey that rock wall looks like so much fun!!! that isn't in town is it??

Jen said...

Nope, its in Richmond.