Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Gardening. A New Hobby.

We decided to experiment and plant a garden this year so we pulled the grass, brought in dirt, bought seeds for beans, yellow peppers, spinach, tomatoes and were given some seeds to plant peas. Well as you can imagine it wasn't the most ideal spring to plant a garden with the colder weather, weeks and weeks of rain and no sun BUT we have growth!

Everything has come in except for our peppers so the kids and I picked up some starter sweet pepper plants yesterday along with a brussels sprout plant and a strawberry plant. From left to right we have beans, sweet peppers, brussels sprouts, strawberry, spinach (that's the bare looking spot, really there are some coming up but I'm not sure if they'll survive) and then our peas! Our tomato plants are looking good but are small so you can't see them in the picture but they run horizontally along the back of the garden so that as they get bigger we can tie them to the railing.

Our green thumbs don't stop here! I've always wanted to grow a herb garden and finally did it instead of always talking about it and I'm sooooo excited! I have basil, parsley, cilantro and oregano growing plus in another bucket I have chives but I didn't plant those ones from seed like the others.

No comments: